Index

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Got Gram?

For the handful of you that follow my blog, the Citizen Rosebud, and regular tweets, you probably know how smitten I am with Gram's Cookies. Last Saturday, I carried 5 tasty souvenirs home from the Bazaar, and sort of, uh, "accidentally" ate all of them in a 24-hour period. Gram's Cookies are, to use a scientific term: "freakin' tasty!!" 
Gram's Cookies at the Midtown Bazaar (photo credit: Sharon Marques)
Trust me: Gram's Toffee cookies should be on your bucket list. 

So it shouldn't surprise me to see Gram and her cookies featured in the latest Midtown Bazaar's newsletter as Vendor of the Week. Joan Graves, along with her husband, Patrick, sell Gram's Cookies every Saturday at the Bazaar. While she's been making cookies for a lifetime, this is a brand-new business for her, and I wish her all the best! 

Years ago, Gram tells me, she would bake cookies with her young grand-daughter, who LOVED to spend time with her "Gram" and eat the cookies. It was a wonderful time spent together and the memory of it inspired Joan to name her fledgling cookie company, Gram's Cookies. I definitely can taste the love in these cookies; just like grandma used to make, only tastier. Well, her grand-daughter is all grown up, and I'm sure she is very proud of her Gram'ma and her cookie business. 
Joan Graves IS Gram. These are her cookies.
Gram has more than mere memories under her belt. She took classes at ARC and specialized in Fine Baking and Pastries. She uses only the finest ingredients: butter, baker's sugars and high quality chocolate, and with no preservatives. While baking for her neighbors, co-workers and the mailman has been gratifying, Gram recently decided to take it to the next level, and launched her business. Her first "gig" was the Marysville Peach Festival where she created a special fresh peach cookie in its honor.

Not only will you find the cookie classics at Grams booth, but an assortment of innovative cookie flavors as well. So just try to resist those chewy oatmeal raisins, the chocolate chips, the white-chocolate macadamias, and the crunchy peanut butters, and grab a chocolate coconut, a oatmeal cranberry and of course, the stellar Toffee cookies. I'm not sure your waist-line will thank me, but the rest of you will. 

Be sure to join for the mailing list for weekly updates.
Click here to sign-up.

4 comments:

  1. Gotta love those crunchy peanut butter cookies with salted peanuts. YUM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite is the gingerbread cookie half dipped in white chocolate! YUM!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did I mention that I love the Toffee cookies? Let me mention that. Ok, and the gingerbread/white chocolate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. just by reading this, you made me so hungry
    *rumbling stomach* here :))

    yum yum yum :)

    Love,Hugs & Kisses dear
    Mwah...
    J
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! Whaddya say?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...